About David Wu
I was born and raised in the city of San Francisco. I’m a product of the inner-city school system and two immigrant parents. People tell me that’s rare. My life experiences have helped me create a very unique perspective on life and has helped me develop compassion for all people. I’m blessed.
I’ve studied at the University of California – Berkeley, the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, and a former student of a school that’s turned education upside down, Hack Reactor.
I’m a person of many passions. At the top of my list are: technology (specifically web technologies), personal finance, fantasy sports – football and basketball, strategy board games, hiking, snowboarding, telling corny and cheesy jokes, puns, and bringing funny and inspirational people together.
Things I Do to Be Better Than the Person I Was Yesterday:
1. Start my week off listing three thing that I am grateful for in my life/went well for me in the previous week.
2. Being a giver – give a few dollars to the needy, surprising people with healthy snacks and fruit, topping people’s weeks off with a bottle of wine, but most importantly, trying to put together experiences – to go out into the world and do things with people. The material things fade, but experiences last forever.
3. Praise people for their effort as opposed to their abilities, and making failure acceptable. I firmly believe that those that don’t fail are those that never try.
4. Visualize myself doing practical steps to achieve something rather than fantasize about dreams becoming a reality.
5. Think about the problems that I want to tackle in this world and solutions to them. Brainstorm.
Trivial Facts About WuWoot:
1. I go through 2-3 green tea bags a day. My favorite: Kirkland Ito En Matcha
2. Settlers of Catan is my board game of choice
3. I attempt to do yoga only because I’ve seen an 80-year old women doing break-dance moves I used to do